A short stay at Oaklands Country Manor could be what you need to escape the overwhelming pressures of modern life.
We’re almost halfway through the year and if you are feeling exhausted, frustrated, anxious and overwhelmed you could be well on your way to burning out. And you certainly aren’t alone.
We live chronically stressful lives, from work pressures and deadlines, to being digitally connected all the time, financial stress, family responsibilities, bumper to bumper traffic and trying to maintain balanced lives. In fact, more people of all ages are currently experiencing burnout that ever before.
Over time this stress can lead to a lack of motivation, negative emotions, cognitive problems, poor performance, interpersonal challenges and serious health problems.
Taking Relaxation Seriously
Preventing or treating burnout is actually pretty easy – it involves creating regular, meaningful breaks to rest and recharge. In fact, that’s why many of our guests find themselves at Oaklands; in search of a serious timeout and a slower, more enjoyable pace of life:
● Switch Off – Turn off your cellphone, stop checking your emails and social media, and live in the moment. While Oaklands has a fully equipped business centre to cater to your needs, being in the heart of the Drakensberg, away from your responsibilities makes it much easier to disconnect.
● Fresh Air – Oaklands Country Manor is far away from the smog, noise and pollution that overwhelms most cities. Spend your days decompressing by hiking, picnicking, birdwatching, fishing, paddling and spending time with our horses.
● Good Food – healthy, honest, tasty food, with no pesticides or poisons and immune-boosting properties is what we offer, and it’s actually one of the best ways to give your body the boost and ongoing support it needs.
● A Good Vibe – Our valued guests are an extension of the Oaklands community, and we are a community that cares. Our warm and welcoming family-friendly atmosphere is an important part of who we are and you’re always welcome to experience it.
● Quality Time – Whether you’re travelling with your partner, your family or just want some me-time, Oaklands provides the perfect atmosphere to be present, bond and engage meaningfully, without distraction.
Inspired by their time at Oaklands, many of our guests adopt elements of the Oaklands whey of doing things, even when they return to the hustle and bustle of their regular lives.
Need a time out?
Book your stay in selected suites at Oaklands Country Manor during the month of May, and you could save up to 20%. Terms and conditions apply.
Click here to make your booking.